A permanent tooth may be lost because of severe decay or injury. If this happens, you may experience difficulty chewing or speaking normally. Losing a tooth can also mar the appearance of your smile. Never fear! Drs. Miller and Simarro may recommend dental implants in Antioch, California, which can restore the beauty and functionality of your smile.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a restoration that replaces both the crown and root of the tooth. This appliance is made up of a titanium implant post, which acts as replacement roots, and a dental restoration, which replaces the tooth.
Can anyone get dental implants?
To have dental implants placed, you should have healthy gums and enough jawbone structure to support the implant. In addition, you must be committed to proper oral hygiene and regular dental checkups. There are other things to consider, like whether or not you are a smoker. Talk to our dentists to see if dental implants are right for you.
How do I care for my dental implants?
Care for your dental implants the same way that you care for your natural teeth. Brush them twice a day and floss them once a day, along with your natural teeth. Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash. Be sure to visit Simarro Brothers Dental Care at least twice a year for your professional teeth cleaning.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
The many benefits of dental implants include:
– Dental implants are designed to feel and look like natural teeth.
– They are fused with the jawbone, so they become permanent.
– Dental implants, unlike poorly-fitting dentures, will not slip. Because of this, your speech will be improved.
– Because dental implants function like your natural teeth, you can eat with confidence.
– Dental implants can restore the beauty of your smile and improve your confidence.
– Dental implants do not require the shaping of the surrounding teeth, so your long-term oral health will be improved.
– Dental implants are strong and can last for many years, or even a lifetime.
We invite you to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.